Friday, December 11, 2009

This is the first day of the rest of your accordion life.......

Hello and welcome to This Accordion Life. This is your host Julie the Bruce, accordion fan and novice player. I am happy to announce that today is the the day that I have written my first song on the keys of a squeezebox, and a rather pleasing tune it is. It reminds me of my days as a child when I used to ride the carousel and throw brass rings in a cruel clown's mouth. Yes, those were the days.
 I have been playing accordion only since around May. I play a delightful Sonola Rivoli and I am awaiting another great Sonola with 80 bass and musette in a few weeks. It has been very fun learning accordion and I recommend it to anyone.
I have posted a home made video on youtube of the first accordion song I've been able to get through without messing up. Naturally I have practiced it the least! I took the footage from a trip around my neighborhood in Sacramento on my bike this summer.
You can find  it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvgVh-hd84

No comments:

Post a Comment