Friday, January 8, 2010

More Accordions, less time!

Well, my husband and I have managed to obtain some more choice accordions from which we must decide which to keep and which to sell. The last two that came in this week are both amplified and awesome "creampuff" excellent condition boxes. One is a Giuletti 3 voice box with a system 50 amplification system and about an 18" keyboard, which sounds incredible through my Boden tube amp school PA system/record player. But it is a larger box and for some reason it doesn't feel as good as the other boxes I play, the Sonola Rivoli and the Frankenstein Accordiana, neither of which are amplified.  Yesterday we got in the Universal "midget" accordion, also amplified, but with a 15.25 keyboard. It is a beautiful pearl white finish with lots of swirls in the faceplate. It is also in excellent condition. I wasn't sure that I could play such a small keyboard, but I played it just fine anyway. Now that it is later in the day I can finally fire up the tubes!

No comments:

Post a Comment