Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Here is a message I got from a fan after a show I played last month. I'm very grateful for his description of my act. It's hard to know how to describe oneself, I like how he puts it.
"I didn't say hello, but I wanted you to know that I came to the show tonight at Luna's specifically to catch your act having never set foot inside Luna's before. I left during the second performer.
You're great. Just wanted to say. I actually do know what pre-war cabaret music is, but what you're doing with the genre is something really wonderful. The power of your voice, along with the emotion it puts out, is amazing.
I've heard other punk/neo cabaret style performers who do the fringe arts circuit globally. There is, believe it or not, a punk-influenced ukulele cabaret songstress from Scotland named Patti Plinko, but she gives it a torch spin. Yours is this robust wail of old world accordion darkness that is something else altogether. I just sat there grinning with delight while you played.
Have you ever thought of applying to a fringe arts festival like, say, Edinburgh? (Or maybe you've already done that...) Just curious."

Very nice. Next show April 5th, at Midtown Village Cafe, I Street and 19th, at 7:30pm! All acoustic punk show!

No comments:

Post a Comment